1. Good reviews – scoring 4.8 on Trustpilot. Pretty good, but not quite the 4.9 score of rival Kwil.
2. Quick – Beyond claims it takes less than 10 minutes. We found that it took closer to 15 minutes and only if you’ve given some real thought to what you want your will to say.
3. Value – at £135 for a couple’s will, certainly cheaper than a solicitor but still a smidge more than Kwil.
4. Expert help – Beyond has a team of trained specialists to check over your will before it is processed. Remember though, this is not the same as having a dedicated solicitor write your will for you. Ultimately, it’s still your responsibility.
5. Update at any time – a will should be updated at any time you make significant decisions, such as starting a family or buying property. Being able to update your will online makes this a whole lot easier. Beware though, there is a cost for this, unlike competitor Kwil.
6. Support – if you get stuck, there is a team on hand to help 9am – 7pm, seven days a week via phone (freephone 0800) and webchat.
7. Free physical storage – this is a nice touch and a service that is missing from rival services. It also takes the worry of losing your original will if your home paper filing system resembles a recycling bank.
8. Free registration – wills need to be registered and having this included saves you a further £30.